Friday, June 3, 2011

I Wear Earrings When I Run


My name is Jada and I wear earrings when I run. Why? Because I'm a girly girl. I work out and I don't mind getting sweaty. But first things first, I'm a girl and I love being a girl. I read a blog from a fellow runner last week and her post was about how runners are so comfortable in their running clothes and it's hard dressing nicely when at work or not running. She said she'd rather buy running clothes than regular clothes. I think not! Running is what I do. It is a part of me, but I am a girl. I like to look like a girl, feel like a girl and run like a girl. So, I wear earrings when I run! I was a little weird about running in earrings but one day I got dressed in my running outfit, head band and IPOD and I looked in the mirror and said something is missing. I need some earrings but I didn't have any studs with me that day in the gym. I casually mentioned this story to my running buddy and she laughed out loud and said "you know I've said the same thing too." Yay! I'm not alone. Women wear earrings so quite naturally we should run in them as well. On our next run together, she beat me wearing earrings (even though I know it was my idea J ) only because I forgot to pack my studs again. But from now on unless I'm packing in a hurry, you'll see me running in earrings.
I am a girly girl. I love wearing cute running clothes, cute dresses and shoes AND I love running in earrings. I like being a girl and feeling like a girl. Being a cute runner girl is a part of this girl's personal style. Just because you run doesn't mean you have to sacrifice being cute. I try to strike a balance between purchasing running gear and purchasing shoes, dresses and purses. It's not always an equal divide (sometimes I have to make trade-offs) but I don't ever feel I've sacrificed one for the other. If I'm going to put in the miles on the road and the hours in the gym working on my physical body, why hide it under sweats and baggy shorts? I'm a runner girl and I like being a cute runner girl! So, you'll find me running in earrings!

A Fit Woman is a Powerful Woman ~ Moving Comfort
  1. I am embracing being a Fit and Powerful Woman.
  2. I am loving running in earrings.
  3. I am searching for the perfect running skirt that doesn't "ride up".
  4. I am finding joy and comfort in Jeremiah 29:11.
  5. I am realizing there are new ways to do things and new outlooks on life.
  6. I am breaking old habits and learning new ways to do, act and be.
  7. I am looking for the good instead of being quick to find fault or criticize.
  8. I am empathizing and forgiving others more.
  9. I am working on getting better patience; I'm not as easily irritated, well maybe, I just don't stay irritated quite as long.
  10. I am looking for the good in others instead of dwelling on what's missing.
  11. I am finding confidence in the woman I am becoming.
  12. I am sowing seeds and waiting with expectancy.
  13. I am resting on the assurance of Jeremiah 29:11. It gives me joy and hope but it requires great patience and perseverance. The press is a part of the process and the process is going to birth great blessings.  I just know it. Declare it. Believe it. Press thru it. Receive it. That's my faith in action.

Join me so we can…….


Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for the spirit of gratefulness. Grateful, grateful, gratefulness flowing from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment