Monday, June 6, 2011

Killer Tuesday Night Workout






OK, I thought I was going to die today. I got a cramp in my butt, my heart was beating out of my chest and then my hip kept popping. And, this is supposed to be my rest week. I'm taking a short break from running because my foot (plantar fasciitis) is bothering me a bit. So, since I'm not really training for a race, this is a good opportunity to rest, stretch and strengthen and apply some of my rehab exercises. So, I planned to keep my fitness up by doing some non-impact cardio, weight training and yoga this week. Well, I've violated the non- impact rule with a heck of a workout this evening.
I started putting together a workout today and then stumbled across one online. I adapted it to my preference. It is definitely a heart raising, high-intensity, sweat your hair out, burn some calories workout! I do plan to do this again next week, because I only did 2 sets tonight and it took me about an hour and almost took me out! Actually, it was the burpees and the jump rope that was about to do me in.

Below is my REST WEEK Interval Training workout:
  • Bosu Ball Squats - 2 x 15 reps
  • Push up and Ball Crunch Combo - 2 x 10 reps
    • Get in push- up position with your shins on a stability ball. Complete a push-up, then pull the ball toward your chest with your legs. Return to start.
  • Bicep Curls – 2 x 15 reps
  • Jumping Jacks – 1 minute (I did 70 each minute so 140 total)
  • Mountain Climbers – 2 x 15 (probably should have been cardio for 1 minute)
  • Donkey Kicks – 2 x 15 (good old fashioned glute exercise; great for improving running)
  • Driving The Car – 2 x 30 seconds w/ 10lb weight
    • Hold a five to 10 pound plate for the barbell or a hand weight with both hands straight out in front of you.  Then move your hands like you were driving left to right in a car. Keep driving for 20 to 30 seconds. This should make your shoulders burn.
  • Burpees – 2 x 15 Reps
    • Jump up, jump down and extend the legs out; your body is in plank or push up position; jump back in and then jump up and extend the arms over head. This is an explosive full body exercise.
  • Front Kicks – 2 x 30 seconds
  • PliĆ© Squat – 2 x 15 Reps (1st set – 10lb weight on each leg; 2nd set – 5lb weight on each leg)
  • Tricep Extensions – 2 x 15 Reps
  • Walking Lunges. – 2 x 20 Reps (so that means 10 on each leg)
  • One Arm Rows – 2 x 15 Reps
  • Jump Rope – 2 x 30 seconds
  • Plank – 2 x 1 min


After all of that it was time for a stretch, shower and an after workout smoothie! It's tart cherry juice, Greek vanila yogurt for protein, frozen blueberries and pineapples. I sometimes add honey or agave nectar for sweetner, but I've got used to the tartness.


                                      


Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for early more prayer.
I am grateful I'm physically able to workout.
I am grateful for pedicures.
I am grateful for good friends.
I am grateful for storms.
I am grateful that after the storm comes the sunshine.
I am grateful to see another day.
I am grateful I can be a blessing to someone else ~ pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment