Sunday, July 31, 2011

Half Marathon Number Three




It's Training Week 1! For the next 14 weeks, I'll be training for the Savannah Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon. Training requires discipline, focus and commitment. It also requires believing in yourself and in your goals. When I started this running journey, I had no destination in mind. I had a goal and decided to attempt to reach it. But in this year of running, I've learned more than how to be an endurance runner. I've learned how to follow God.

As I'm planning my goals for this upcoming training season, my most important goal is to Believe. If you don't Believe, then how can you expect to reach or attain your goals or the thing God has placed into your spirit? Believe. That's my motivation and my motto for this training season. Believe in God. Believe in Self. Believe.
 
Over the next 14 weeks, I've decided to select a scripture for each mile of the race to motivate, encourage and inspire me to the finish line. Week 1 is stamina training:

Mile 1" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13 (NKJ)

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for hot chamomile tea.
I am grateful I can hope and pray.
I am grateful for girlfriends.
I am grateful I know how to cook.
I am grateful for the things in life that test you.
I am grateful that I have courage to try and not stop running.

No comments:

Post a Comment