Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 2: Confidence

Week 1 is in the books and on to Week 2 of Training. A quick recap of last week:
1) Got in some good miles.
2) Pushed myself a more on every run.
3) Battled with dehydration a couple of days(I swear I saw stars for a quick second on Wednesday morning).
4) Need to purposefully hydrate.
5) Learned a little more about confidence.

Things happen when you develop confidence in God and your ability. I started this week with a victor’s attitude and not one of doubt and defeat. On Friday morning, I realized my left foot wasn’t hurting and my shins were not sore. I don’t exactly know what I did last week. I just know I’m doing a lot of things differently. I’m more disciplined with my foam rolling and stretching and I’m more dedicated to strengthening and stretching

The problems with my feet and lower legs have been an issue since I started this half-marathon journey (Remember, the physical therapist who told me I just wasn’t made to run distance). Well, quite the contrary. God made me to run distance. He allowed my struggles and my obstacles to strengthen me. What I perceived as a problem, he’s developing into one of my strengths. I remember the week before my race in April when someone spoke words into my spirit. She said, once you let go of the fear, you’ll start to run without restrictions. When you start to run freely and get rid of the anxiety, the strongholds will break away and you’ll begin to run your best. He’ll restore to you what was taken. Lord, I’ve finally let go of the anxiety and I Believe You. The weight is finally lifting and my running is turning around. I realize I have the power and the strength to run distance. I realize it’s not about me but something greater.

Last week I declared without a doubt, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).” I Believe that. This week, I am going to have the attitude of Paul.

“Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12: 8 -9a (NIV)

God’s grace is sufficient through the storms, the struggle and the strain. Instead of taking this cup from me, he gave me grace, strength and power to overcome the enemy. It is in my weakness that I am made strong. I’m running in what I Believe and I’m embracing my weaknesses as a part of the process to get to my purpose.


Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for revelations and confirmations.
I am grateful for friendship.
I am grateful for the start of a cooler season.
I am grateful for discipline.
I am grateful for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment