Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 3 SHM: Endurance

"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. "
Hebrews 12:1

Week 3 is all about Endurance. I have this feeling that I haven't had in a while. I had forgotten about this feeling; the one after the long run when my muscles hurt and I'm tired. Last week was tough training. It was my highest mileage week since May and Saturday I ran my longest long run since May. Endurance. That's what I'm training towards. I'm working towards better endurance. Each day I put on my running shoes is a new day to test my endurance. How will I stand up on my next run? 

Week 3 is more miles, more hill repeats and more track work. It's more time in training and more time on my feet. It's only Week 3, but I need to declare Hebrews 12:1. I need to believe that I can endure another test, another training, another race.


Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for Sunday dinner.
I am grateful for family.
I am grateful for the month of August.
I am grateful I can step, walk and run foward.
I am grateful I have grace to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment