Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recognizing

It's 10:52 pm (and I have to run in the morning) and I just got off the phone. But before I started talking on the phone, I  had been reading this blog that made me go WOW! and stop and thank God for my blessings ~ big and small. Here I am getting a little anxious about my half marathon in a few weeks (and my 13 mile practice run on Saturday) and I read this story of a couple who were both diagnosed with cancer nine days apart and have an 18-month old child. They're both going through chemo at the same time.  Count your blessing one by one. Earlier today, I caught myself complaining and whining over one little thing that mophed into a bunch of other little things, and for what reason? What a way to gain a different perspective and realize the importance of being thankful.

Phillipians 4: 6 (NLT) Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done,

This scripture verse is a perfect reminder to not worry, to pray and most importantly give thanks. There is always a reason to give thanks. My life is a blessing and it's full of blessings. So today, take a moment to remember and pray for this couple and to give thanks. In all things and all circumstances, remember to give thanks.

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for the woman I've become.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for a bank acount with a little change in it :)
I am grateful for my new love, running.
I am grateful that I am discovering my purpose.
I am grateful that God spared me...........

A little Inspiration to Make you Smile


No comments:

Post a Comment